Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

T3- Happy Things :)

Happy Saturday night :) I had a tiring yet excellent day, so I'm being an absolute hobo this evening- we're talking about a Lifetime, sweatpants, and heating pad kind of night here...serious shit, man. I have been a definite slacker in the blogging department lately, but I'm making somewhat of an effort so deal with it. I've been going through a few positive perspective changes for the past few weeks and it has been absolutely wonderful. I am happier now than I have been in a long time and I'd like to share why :)

1.) Exercise- I am not in very good shape nor have I been for the past 4 or 5 years, but I have finally fallen in love with working out. At the end of a great day, I go to the gym, have a great workout, and leave in an even better mood; at the end of a stressful day, I go to the gym and work off my anxiety and frustrations; at the end of a shitty day, I go to the gym and work hard, forgetting the negative things, if only for an hour. I was originally going to write my T3 for the week about exercises I love, but I decided to take a bit of a break on the whole workout obsession (so much for that)...I promise I will write that post soon though; I think it will be very useful :) Exercising everyday has made a insurmountable impact on my physical and mental well-being...I highly recommend it to everyone; maybe experts that have been suggesting it are actually onto something, eh? 

2.) "The Outsides"- I just love being outside :) I usually try to take a walk everyday now...it gives me a chance to clear my mind, get fresh air, people watch, and enjoy this amazing place. I do not understand why people live in Colorado if they do not leave their couch; we live in the most beautiful state...suck it up, California- you lose. There's just something about the sound of trail beneath your shoes, river rushing by, and birds announcing their birdhood ("mrrraaawwk"- annoying in anything other situation) that makes your day a little bit better. It helps me to slow down and relax for the duration of my walk; I think people today need to slow down more often. We're always rushing, always going somewhere, and always wanting to get things done quickly, but it really is okay to slow down for 20 minutes everyday and enjoy life and nature a little :)

3.) Acceptance- I'm a cat lady, I'm a nerd, I drive like a grandmother, I have huge hair, I don't like chewing, I am an "unAmerican" because I don't eat meat, I eat bananas with spoons, I love brussels sprouts, I am a "granola", I like to read, I love knitting, I hate television, I hate America, I talk to strangers, I believe in evolution, and I accept myself for the person I am. I love myself and am hardly concerned with outside opinions for the first time in a long time ever. The insecurities, unhappiness, and self-doubt that most young women are struggling through are pointless and do not contribute to the way that life should be. Maybe I am different and weird, but fretting over it isn't fixing anything, so I shall embrace it all instead; doing this has completely changed perspectives of myself and everyone around me.


I hope everyone is doing well. Feel free to share if great things are happening to you right now :)

1 comment:

  1. I too am having amazing positive changes, even though the end of a pregnancy is usually miserable, I am finding every out I can to make it memerable and happy.
    I feel so blessed to have amazing people in my life, as well as a home and food, unlike many in Japan.
    I want to share all my spiritual energy with those who need it, and be healed from it!

    Miss you and love you girl!

    ReplyDelete