Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Beginnings

Excuse me, 2011, but where the hell did you come from? Last time I checked, it was 2007 and now here we are embracing ANOTHER new year that crept up on us too quickly. Quite frankly, 2010 was less than desirable; a lot of unfortunate things happened, but among the shit (losing my job, losing my apartment, enduring family controversy, etc.) emerged a few really wonderful events that I am very thankful for (being with my amazing boyfriend, moving in with my father & sister, getting my lovely cats, learning new things, etc.). 

In order to grow into a stronger, more confident and self-sufficiant being, gradual improvement and evolution is extremely necessary. In order to create improvement and evolution, one must accept and activate change in their lives. 2011 is going to be a year of change for me and I am looking forward to implementing processes to get me where I'd like to be in a year. 

On the first of the year every year, friends and family discuss new year's resolutions, usually involving one of the following: getting in shape, quitting smoking, eating more healthfully, becoming more financially stable, etc. I'm not sure that I've ever heard someone mention a goal that wasn't superficial like these. Granted, quitting smoking and becoming healthier are very important, but I don't want a cookie-cutter resolution this year. I want to take advantage of the year ahead of me, become a better person, make essential life-changes, and accomplish things I've been putting off for a while. 

Here are a few things that I'd like to see in 2011:
  • More consistent, meaningful blogging from your's truly.
  • A stronger relationship with my family and my boyfriend.
  • Forgiveness for the people that have hurt me in the past.
  • Better dedication towards my passions and hobbies (writing, blogging, hoop-dancing, knitting, etc.)
  • New & stronger friendships.
  • Exploration of new activities, environments, and personalities. 
  • A healthier lifestyle.
  • Risk-taking and adventure.
  • TONS of reading and learning.
  • Better acceptance of other points of view and opinions.
  • Release & acceptance of events & people from my past. 

Those are just the most important for now. I will explore in more detail as I go through these things in the next year, but until I make things happen, it's just a list. I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. Now that it's finally over, I'll be blogging and sharing a lot more than I have been. Happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment