"Last year Shelby asked me how to set up a blog. Wanting to protect the world from being exposed to Shelby's brain I opened up a Word document on her computer and put an address at the top. I've read some of it. Even for the Internet it's...pretty shocking."
www.shelbythoughts.gov.www/shelbythoughts is what I was going to call my blog, but apparently someone named Creed Bratton has already taken a similar URL address. "Straight From the Info-Dome" it shall be called instead.You know, I really don't even know what motivated to make a personal blog, but it could be any one of the following reasons:
- The fact that I subscribe to at least 10 extremely entertaining blogs and I feel that I owe the blogging community something in return for the delicious information I have received.
- The concept that I've really fallen behind on my long-lost passion for writing.
- The notion that I write entertaining things that other people might actually enjoy.
- To discuss exciting (and not exciting) things occurring in my life right now.
- To have a forum for leakage of excellence.
- My plan to take over the world.
While I know that my blog will never be as hilarious as Hyperbole and a Half, as informative as ZenHabits, as awesome as 1000awesomethings or as almond buttery as Heather Eats Almond Butter (those are 4 of my favorite blogs), I do think that it's a superb idea that I create a channel for my...eh hem..."info dome".