Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

www.shelbythoughts.gov.www/shelbythoughts

"Last year Shelby asked me how to set up a blog. Wanting to protect the world from being exposed to Shelby's brain I opened up a Word document on her computer and put an address at the top. I've read some of it. Even for the Internet it's...pretty shocking."

www.shelbythoughts.gov.www/shelbythoughts is what I was going to call my blog, but apparently someone named Creed Bratton has already taken a similar URL address. "Straight From the Info-Dome" it shall be called instead.
You know, I really don't even know what motivated to make a personal blog, but it could be any one of the following reasons:
  • The fact that I subscribe to at least 10 extremely entertaining blogs and I feel that I owe the blogging community something in return for the delicious information I have received.
  • The concept that I've really fallen behind on my long-lost passion for writing.
  • The notion that I write entertaining things that other people might actually enjoy.
  • To discuss exciting (and not exciting) things occurring in my life right now.
  • To have a forum for leakage of excellence.
  • My plan to take over the world.
Actually, it is all of those reasons...with the exception of the last option. I don't think that taking over the world would be very fulfilling, to be honest. I hardly accomplish enough at my day-job to constitute it as an actual job, so I really wouldn't be very successful at running an entire planet.
While I know that my blog will never be as hilarious as Hyperbole and a Half, as informative as ZenHabits, as awesome as 1000awesomethings or as almond buttery as Heather Eats Almond Butter (those are 4 of my favorite blogs), I do think that it's a superb idea that I create a channel for my...eh hem..."info dome".

No comments:

Post a Comment